The Royer model R-DB20 is a phantom-powered ribbon and dynamic microphone signal booster and impedance buffer. It increases the level of passive low-output ribbon and dynamic microphones with a minimum of distortion or coloration. Designed for profes- sional applications, the dBooster provides two levels of clean gain boost; 12dB and 20dB, selectable by a front panel switch. The dBooster maintains headroom and gain regardless of load.
The Class A input circuitry presents a high source impedance to the microphone, which minimizes loading (damping). This reduces coloration and distortion while at the same time improving headroom.
By utilizing the 12/20dB gain switch, optimum balance between gain and headroom can be achieved for a variety of uses.
The low-impedance output of the dBooster is an increased microphone-level signal that can drive a digital interface directly or a standard microphone preamplifier. It also minimizes signal loss on long cable runs.
• Miking any low-volume sound source (acoustic instruments, vocals, etc.) • Recording direct to a DAW interface
• Use on long cable runs to retain sound quality
• 12dB and 20dB gain stages • High input impedance
• Low output impedance
• Rugged case construction
• Ultra-low noise performance • Ultra-low distortion
• Wide frequency bandwidth
• Safe for use on all ribbon mics
• Increases headroom at the preamp • Provides true electrical isolation
• Protects ribbon mics from
• Minimizes mic loading
• Capable of driving difficult loads,
such as mic splitters and vintage style preamps, without increased distortion or loss of gain